Pregnancy is the most wonderful blessing a women’s body can go through. There are many things that pregnant women like to eat during pregnancy. However, there are many foods that should be avoided to protect the health of the mother and her unborn baby and also use pregnancy body pillow for comfort.
Foods that Should be Avoided:
- Do not under no circumstance eat raw meat. Raw meat can carry bacteria or worse salmonella. Avoid at all costs.
- Deli Meat. Deli meat can cause listeria. Listeria can cross the placenta to the baby and cause a miscarriage. Avoid at all costs.
- Fish with high levels of Mercury. Mercury consumed during pregnancy can cause developmental delays or even brain damage in the unborn baby. Some examples of this are: Shark or Swordfish. Only light amount of canned tuna should be consumed as it has a small amount of Mercury.
- Smoked seafood can cause Listeria.
- Raw Shellfish.
- Raw eggs because you risk exposure to Salmonella.
- Soft Cheese can carry listeria.
- unpasteurized milk can contain listeria.
- Caffeine can be related to miscarriage.
- Alcohol. Absolutely no alcohol should be consumed during pregnancy. While breastfeeding alcohol intake is not recommended either as the baby drinks and eats what you drink and eat.
- Vegetables and fruits that are not thoroughly washed.
It is best to avoid these things if at all possible. Babies are a blessing. To keep your little peanut safe eat right and keep healthy. Eat a balanced and healthy meal, and drinks lots of water to keep hydrated. Never go without eating, as your little baby eats what you eat and drink. Do not forget to take your prenatal vitamins on a daily basis. Also, getting plenty of rest and exercise will help your little one grow, you get back to a healthy weight after baby, and keep both of you healthy and happy.